Taylor's excited to go home!




Grandpa holding Taylor for the 1st time

8/24/06 - Taylor is 3 weeks old today! Her birthday gift is getting to go home! That's right we'll be officially discharged from Children's Hospital (YEAH!!!!! =) after her 12pm feeding and the prescriptions from her doctor are filled. She has been eating 80cc successfully for over 24 hours and gained a little weight so the doctors are pleased. To ensure that Taylor is gaining weight we will be seeing our pediatrician frequently for weight checks and vital checks. The surgeon and dietician optimistically say that Taylor should be eating well enough on her own to possibly get the NG tube out in 1-2 weeks, we'll see if Taylor agrees.

Comments

Amanda said…
It's so exciting she gets to go home!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
Anonymous said…
YEAH!!
Need I say more.....all my love and hugs to the three of you.
Sharon
Anonymous said…
HOORAY!!!! I am so glad you get to go home!! It will be good to have you close again! Love ya!
Anonymous said…
Home will never seem so good - peace and quite from all the noise that you have in a hospital! It will be wonderful to see pictures taken in her nursery and home surroundings (I hope you continue the blog). Scott sure looked excited. Congrats - three weeks is a long time and I know that the hospital personnel will miss you.
Anonymous said…
Tabitha and Kevin

It is a long story how I even found this site, but contrats on your new baby girl. I am glad to hear that everything went well and you are going home. Taylor is a precious little baby and will have a beatiful life. Just wanted to let you know you are all in my thoughts.

Stephanie Cook (ua ex-co worker)
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
Home sweet home.....!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations, baby Taylor!!!!!!

Way to be persistent, vigilant, faith-filled, and trusting! Her homecoming is sooooo sweet!!!

Love ya'll!
joy
The Fox Den said…
Pure sweetness!!!! We are excited for you! Much love, Jackie
Anonymous said…
Wow! Fabulous news! I'll bet you are having fun just seeing her in her own room with all her beautiful new things. Have a great night and keep the good reports coming! We love you all so much and are so thankful to the Lord for the many answers to prayer in behalf of Taylor! God is so.......good!

Love to you!
G Grandpa and G Grandma Smith

Popular posts from this blog