8/13/06 (10:00 pm) - Slow day for comments on the blog...Guess nobody is at work killing time on the internet:)
Taylor is still doing well, she is adding new nurses to her fan club every shift. She is now up to 11 cc per feeding. She is very hungry and would love to eat more, but they are taking it slow to get her digestive system working. She is getting the small feeding tube in her nose removed because she is able to feed from the bottle there is no need for it at this time. Her chest tube is still in for a TBD amount of time and her morphine is weaned all the way down. As soon as they removed the chest tube they will stop the morphine drip.
Tabitha is feeling a little better after resting this evening. She will visit the doctor who delivered Taylor in Tacoma tomorrow or Tuesday to get her opinion. As of now the thought is that she has some sort of bacteria infection and the have given her antibiotics to fight it. She doesn't have any symptoms besides the fever so it is hard to determine what her body is fighting. Ideally the medicine will help her fight whatever it is and she will begin feeling better before any other symptoms arise.
Taylor is still doing well, she is adding new nurses to her fan club every shift. She is now up to 11 cc per feeding. She is very hungry and would love to eat more, but they are taking it slow to get her digestive system working. She is getting the small feeding tube in her nose removed because she is able to feed from the bottle there is no need for it at this time. Her chest tube is still in for a TBD amount of time and her morphine is weaned all the way down. As soon as they removed the chest tube they will stop the morphine drip.
Tabitha is feeling a little better after resting this evening. She will visit the doctor who delivered Taylor in Tacoma tomorrow or Tuesday to get her opinion. As of now the thought is that she has some sort of bacteria infection and the have given her antibiotics to fight it. She doesn't have any symptoms besides the fever so it is hard to determine what her body is fighting. Ideally the medicine will help her fight whatever it is and she will begin feeling better before any other symptoms arise.
Comments
I just thought I would check things before I went to bed tonight and was very excited to see an update! :o)
Tab, I hope you are feeling better soon. I am sure as soon as you get some antibiotics in you, you will be feeling much better. If your only symptoms are achy, chills and fever it seems like you might have masitis or a bladder infection. Just some ideas???
Well, you definitely are getting hit with bascially anything and everything that comes your way. It has been a rough start for you. I know it will get better and you are going to be able to handle anything that comes your way after this. Hang in there. I know it is getting hard.
Much love and prayers,
Shirley
Sharon
We enjoy getting up every morning to read the latest update from the night before.
I am glad to hear that Tabitha is feeling a little better. Keep resting. Please call if there is anything I can do, I don't work today so I am available anytime.
Taylor sounds like she is doing wonderful. Give her a love from her Grandma.
Love you all, Mom
Jim and I are always thinking and praying for all 3 of you. It's so wonderful how well Taylor is progressing. We thought we'd let you know when Brooke's chest tube was removed she didn't feel any pain. The morphine kept her from feeling it. I was in the room and they made me sit down while they did it so I wouldn't faint, but Brooke didn't seem to notice that anything was done. We thought we'd share our experience to ease yours.
We hope Tabitha's feel better soon.
Love,
Erica, Jim, and Brooke
joy