8/20/06 - Guess what I had to do today? I had to actually insert an NG tube into Taylor's nose down into her tummy as practice for when we get to go home! Yesterday the nurse did a demonstration for Kevin and I and today it was our turn. I was dreading this lesson but it wasn't so bad. Taylor didn't cry at all during the insertion process only afterwards as we had to hold her head down so we could tape everything in place. We also know how to check that the tube is actually in her stomach not down her windpipe.

Some fun facts for you - Taylor's umbilical cord fell off two days ago and is starting to look a lot cuter and Taylor is working on her smile. She smiles at us quite often now, but of course it's too random to catch on camera. Kevin says she has two smiles one with her tongue sticking out and one without her tongue.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh she is beautiful! There is nothing like your little kiddo smiling! It takes your breath away... and you see yourself doing the silly things you do to try to get her to do it again. We're so happy Taylor's doing well. Her little tummy will balance it all out soon. Look how far she's come in 2 weeks! We're so proud of her already, we know this is only the beginning!

Love,
Erica, Jim and Brooke
Anonymous said…
Wow.....what a beautiful baby. Thank you so much for sharing with all of us. You guys are incredible! I'm so excited for you to be able to take your baby home and for the three of you to settle in as a family. All my love, hugs and prayers.

Sharon
Anonymous said…
I finally had a chance to catch up on all the updates from the last week. I'm so glad that Taylor is doing so well! Praise God for His tender care of your precious daughter through all the doctors, nurses and others at the hospital. It's wonderful that you're able to hold her without all the tubes and wires. I hope that you two are able to get the rest that you need... soon you'll all be home! We're continuing to pray for you all. Taylor's so blessed to have you for her parents!
Love, Diane B.
Anonymous said…
Well that is just what all parents are looking for now that we have some good pictures that are close enough to make out how she looks. Congrats on a job well done. looking forward to a personal interview with this new star in the familly.

best wishes and Gods help
Uncle Norman

Popular posts from this blog