8/15/06 - Taylor has had her ups and downs as feedings continue. We worked with a lactation consultant this morning and tried a couple different things. After Tabitha had pumped we tried dry nursing and Taylor seemed to latch on well and was a lot more comfortable than when we introduce a bottle. The consultant talked with the surgeon and we will begin working a little breastfeeding into the rotation even though it makes it trickier to monitor the amounts. We also made up a feeding tube with a pacifier to reduce the flow she gets when feeding through a nipple. When she uses a bottle it seems as if she scares herself with the amount that comes out and shoots into her mouth so we are playing around with that as well. Her morphine has also been dropped to as low as it can go and should be turned of tommorrow. She has shown some signs of withdrawl from the morphine drip so pray that her body adjusts to life without marcotics. We've decided that she has had enough to last a lifetime.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm so glad Taylor is making great progress. I have been following your postings and praying for all of you.
Carina(a friend of Grandma Jeannette's)
Shirley Casey said…
We will definitely be praying for Taylor to adjust to life w/o narcotics. Scary!
I am glad that Tabitha will be able to work in some feeding sessions with Taylor. How great that she takes to Tab better than the bottle! :o)
Miss you guys.
Shirley
Anonymous said…
I can hardly wait for the next picture - Tabitha breast feeding Taylor. Didn't take Taylor long to get weened off the drugs so far (or at least it seems like that to me). If I had had all my insides re-adjusted I would probably be on pain medicine for weeks! Have a wonderful evening together.
Anonymous said…
So glad you are out of ICU. Erin has been keeping me up to date! xoxo Jac, Erin's sister
Anonymous said…
Kevin and Tabitha,
Thanks for the pictures. We are now caught up on all the information you posted. It was hard not reading about Taylor on our short trip, but talking to you by phone was great. We are continuing to pray for all of you.We hope Tabitha is feeling much better. We pray that Taylor will keep learning how to feed. She is such a special little girl. God has great plans for her live. This experience has made all of you stronger in your faith and ability to handle situations and still praise God. We love you. Have a wonderful day.
Love, Grandma and Grandpa Moberg
Shirley Casey said…
Okay...I'm going through withdrawals!!! There aren't any new updates or pictures! What am I going to do??? j/k Hopefully things are going well and you are getting your rest. Tab, I hope you are feeling better.
Have a great day!

Popular posts from this blog