

Our nurse for the past couple days, Ann, was working the last day of her shift for the week and before she finished her shift she helped us bundle Taylor up, attached her wires and tubes, and gave us each a chance to hold her for a half an hour or so. It was an incredible opportunity and another answer to prayer. She said that Taylor is in stable enough condition that we can ask to hold her anytime, but the nurse who is caring for her will have to give their approval. It is great to have the option on the table, but it's a little tricky to hold her in a position that doesn't cause the ventilator tube to aggetate her. Moral of the story being that holding her is now an regular option, but due to the logistics we probably won't be doing it more than once or twice a week until she get the ventilator removed.
Comments
Gr Grandpa and Grandma Smith
I love all three of you!
Aunt Amanda (I thought I'd better start using my new title!) =)
ken and joy mewhinney