8/14/06 (2:00 pm) - We got "floored"! Actually we are on the same floor, but we have been moved out of ICU. Taylor had her chest tube removed this morning and then they told us we were on our way out of the ICU. We were moved to a surgical recovery wing on the 4th floor and you can see our new room below. We have a great view of the helicopter pad; not that we want anybody to have to use it, but it would be fun to see.

Now Taylor needs to get down the feeding process she has done better with some feedings than with others. They are slowly increasing the volumes she is being fed and even though she hasn't gotten that much yet, it all seems to be staying down. She gulped down her 6:00 pm feeding almost instantly (maybe she has finally got the process). I think I have figured out a trick or two to get her going through the correct motions. We need prayers for suck, suck, swallow, breathe - That is the pattern we want her to develop, right now it tends to be suck, swallow, get distracted:)


Comments

Anonymous said…
S*U*C*K S*U*C*K

S*W*A*L*L*O*W

B*R*E*A*T*H*E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Taylor, in your big girl bed AND room!!!!!!!

Way to go being out of NICU!!!
Shirley Casey said…
What a good daddy you are Kevin! I love the new pictures!
Go Taylor!
Shirley
Anonymous said…
Went
Over
Wonderful

I know that you have the natural parent touch. It comes through each picture loud and clear. Now that the tubes are out snuggling will be easier and more satisfying. Taylor will want that good mother's milk so she will suck, swallow and breathe. Again, thank you for the time you spend updated the blog. It means so much to us Texans.
Amanda said…
It's great that Taylor is progressing this quickly! You two are handling everything that is being thrown your way wonderfully! After watching Taylor's eagerness to suck I know that it won't be long until she has the hang of feeding "properly"! =)
We haven't gotten an update on Tab, so I am assuming that some rest cleared everything up! As Taylor continues to heal and become stronger make sure to take care of you! Even if it's just going outside and breathing some fresh air! (I know you've been told this a lot already) Remember that you have MANY people that are willing to do whatever we can for you, so just let us know when you need something for yourself! (Even if it's just a little peace and quiet!)
I love you all!
Aunt Amanda

Popular posts from this blog