This past weekend I went on a women's retreat. We went to Seabrook, WA and stayed in the cutest cottages (http://www.seabrookwa.com/). Kevin offered to watch BOTH girls so I had a much needed relaxing get away. Kevin did great with the girls AND cleaned our garage and painted our master bath. I told him he did too good of a job, he's supposed to make me feel needed and missed! =)
While on the retreat we sang a song (the song you hear playing on computer as you're reading) called How Deep the Father's Love For Us . The words in this song are so powerful. They stir such deep emotion in me, an intense thankfulness for what Christ did. He experienced separation from the Father ("The Father turns His face away") by His death on the cross so I never have to... something that is beyond comprehension for us. I'm filled with sorrow and conviction knowing that Christ went through that pain for me -I put him there ("My guilt upon His shoulders"). And He did it all because of His deep love for me. Thank you for your death and resurrection, thank you for the wounds that have paid my ransom. I wanted to take the time to make this post to boast in Jesus Christ and what He has done for me, for you. I am not the most articulate person so I know my words are not conveying the effect this song has on me... So, I challenge you to read/listen and let the Spirit speak to you.


How Deep the Father's Love For Us
How deep the Father's love for us
How vast beyond all measure
That He would give His only Son
To make a wretch a treasure
How great the pain of searing loss
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One
Bring many sons to glory
Behold the Man upon the cross
My guilt upon His shoulders
Ashamed, I hear my mocking voice
Call out among the scoffers
It was my sin that held Him there
until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished
I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no powers, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and ressurection
Why should I gain from His reward
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom

Comments

The Fox Den said…
Great post! I love this song too...
Anonymous said…
Wow! That's great! Powerful words and so........true. How grateful I am also to know Jesus and what he's done for me.

Grandpa said you sound like a little preacher! Keep it up!

Glad you had such a nice, relaxing time. Thanks Kevin for doing such a great job!

Love Grandpa and Grandma Smith

Popular posts from this blog