April Fools!
For the past couple of years I have been inspired by my friend Jackie and her April Fools pranks on her family. I'm not sure when she started her April fool's pranks with her food, but this year I decided I would have a go at it. Thanks for the great ideas Jackie!
Early in the day I explained April Fools Day to Taylor. She kinda of got it and she had fun thinking of a prank to play on Daddy. So when dinner rolled around it was my turn to play a joke on her. I started by offering her orange juice, she was thrilled because we don't have juice very often. She was quite confused when she went to take a drink and nothing would come out of the straw (because it was Jello). When I said, "APRIL FOOLS!" she got a big smile on her face and remembered our earlier conversation. This joke was easy for her to brush off.
I told her since I had played a joke on her she could have her dessert first - cupcakes! She was so excited, she had been waiting for these all day. She took one bite and said in a very pouty voice, "hey... this doesn't taste like frosting!" I asked her what it tasted like. She thought about it for awhile then frustratingly said, "this is potatoes!" So again I said, "APRIL FOOLS!" This time it wasn't so funny to her. Instead of biting into a delicious chocolate cupcake with pink frosting she had bitten into a meatloaf cupcake with mashed potato frosting (I think it would have looked more convincing if I had piped the mashed potatoes, but I didn't have time for that).
Taylor wasn't enjoying April Fools Day at this point. I told her the jokes were over and she could eat her real dinner, Chicken Pot Pies, instead of her April Fools dinner. It was hard to convince her to take a bite, she wanted a REAL cupcake. After some encouragement she finally took a bite of my Chicken Not Pies. A big smile spread across her face and she declared, "this is dessert!" She happily enjoyed her pudding with candies and white chocolate with pie crust on top. She didn't mind my final "April Fools" declaration!
Comments